Background of New Thought & Unity
Instructor: Rev. Vita Como, LUT
Dates: Saturdays, January 14, 21, 28, February 4, and 11, 2017
Time: from 10 AM to 12 PM
Location: Unity Lake Houston (see contact)
Background of New Thought provides the student with an-entry level exposure to the ideas, beliefs, and philosophies of the main “Architects” of this body of thought about our nature as humans and spiritual beings dating back to antiquity.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Attain a historical perspective on the major events leading up to and evolving into the New Thought movement in its many expressions in Western culture.
- Recognize some of the key figures in the New Thought movement and identify some of their contributions to the movement.
- Identify and differentiate among some of the key figures in the movements within the New Thought tradition.
- Syllabus – download
- Braden, Charles S. Spirits in Rebellion. Southern Methodist University. ISBN 978-0870740251 – buy
- Shepherd, Thomas. Friends in High Places. iUniverse, Inc. ISBN 978-0595325344 – buy
- Hicks, Mark. Background of New Thought. http://www.truthunity.net/courses/mark-hicks/background-of-new-thought
What are see classes?
*Spiritual Education and Enrichment (SEE) is a 25-course Unity program to deepen your understanding of truth teachings. Classes include metaphysics, meditation, Bible overview, Jesus' teachings, prayer, and so much more.
Unity Lake Houston offers classes for credit (optional) in the form of a weekly book study. You can also take classes online or at Unity Village in Kansas City. To learn more about the SEE program visit Unity Worldwide Spiritual Institute's website.