Our book study, Sundays from 9 to 10 a.m., focuses on Unity SEE classes (available for credit). We take three months at a time to cover a 10-hour class. It is slow-paced with opportunities for much practice.
METAPHYSICS 3 (HTS-115)
Start: July 2, 2017 (you can join us any time)
End: September 24, 2017
Cost: Love Offering
This course identifies basic, metaphysical tools for living. Students will be encouraged to investigate, analyze and use these tools to cultivate dominion over the ego/personality and to express more of their innate Divine Potential.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the four functions of consciousness and give examples from their own lives.
- Examine and interrelate the Word, thought/feeling, and denials and affirmations.
- Identify and discuss each of the Twelve Powers and give examples.
Syllabus, Assignment instructions, & Handouts
- Hasselbeck, Paul. Heart-Centered Metaphysics. Unity Village, MO: Unity House, 2010. ISBN 978-0871593344 – buy
- Hasselbeck, Paul, and Cher Holton. Applying Heart-Centered Metaphysics: A Deeper Look at Unity Teachings. Unity Village, MO: Unity House, 2012. ISBN 978-0871593573 – buy
What are see classes?
*Spiritual Education and Enrichment (SEE) is a 25-course Unity program to deepen your understanding of truth teachings. Classes include metaphysics, meditation, Bible overview, Jesus' teachings, prayer, and so much more.
Unity Lake Houston offers classes for credit (optional) in the form of a weekly book study. You can also take classes online or at Unity Village in Kansas City. To learn more about the SEE program visit Unity Worldwide Spiritual Institute's website.